Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pin-up Post: best literary boys

happy valentine's day my beautiful readers.
I'm sorry for my absence, teachers do not lie when they say 20% increase in work load for year 11.
this is a list of my favourite literary boys :)
* is for the Aussie lads

1. Will Trombal from The Piper's Son*
i love his awkwardness, his integrity and his intelligence. i love me a smart boy.
the thing i love most is his relationship with Francesca, i wish i could steal him.
favourite quote:“And if I get a little chemically imbalanced in the head, like we all know I tend to get sometimes, and I don't want my parents or brother knowing, Will's like, 'We'll deal with it.' He's never said, 'I'll fix it up.' He just says, 'You're not up to going back to uni to finish your Honours this year? Big deal. There's next year. We'll deal with it.'" She nods. "That's what he does well.”

2. Adam Wilde from Where She Went
oh i love his passion, how strongly he feels it all. i just want to hold him. the music thing i really like as well. i also love how
he gave up his career for her. go Gayle Forman!
favourite quotes: “I get it now. I have to make good on my promise. To let her go. To really let her go. To let us both go.”
“I needed to hate someone and you’re the one I love the most, so it fell on you.”


3. Alex Delaney from After January*
sensitive and awkward, and so keen to get things right. he also writes stuff, which is an added bonus. i like how he's quiet,
and how he's constantly thinking.

4. Cameron Wolfe from the Wolfe Brothers series*
he is so bad, so many faults, but he fights so hard, and there are few things i value more than that. he always says ' if i get a
girl i'll treat her right' and he did. he thinks, and he yearns for so much more. i just want to give him a hug.
favourite quotes: I stopped walking when I knew all the good feeling had vanished from me. Maybe it had slipped out of me and was given to the derelict. Maybe it disappeared somewhere in my stomach and I did’t even notice. All there was now was this anxiety I couldn’t explain. What a sight. What a feeling. This was terrible: a skinny kid, standing, alone. That was the bottom line. Alone, and I didn’t feel equipped to handle it. Yes, quite suddenly, I didn’t feel like I could handle my feeling of aloneness.
Was this how it was always going to be? Would I always with kind of self-doubt, and doubt for the civilization around me? Would I always feel so small it hurt and that even the greatest outcry roaring from my throat was, in reality, just a whimper?


5. Will from I lost my Mobile at the Mall*
he's quiet, and sweet, and calm and doesn't fuss. he's just a beautiful guy who loves surfing.
favourite quote: "that's what i like most about you Ellie, you're strong and independent"

6. harry potter from harry potter
can i just keep him? pleease.

7 comments:

Alix said...

Ah Will Trombal - I love him too and he and Francesca are so perfect together. I love the quote you picked.

I'll have to check out AfterJanuary Alex sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

The only one I know is HP and I think that's a definite agree from me.
I'd add Darcy, because he's just fantastic, and Noah Shaw from the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. He's imperfect, oh yes, but rather swoony.
And Four, from Divergent, which is a terrific book.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You'd love Why we broke up, I'm sure of it! It was so different and beautiful and from what I can tell from your blog, the kind of book you'd really enjoy. (I hope now you read it and love it, if you hated it that would be awkward!)
Romi.x
P.S. Love the touch with adding favourite quotes on this post!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!
Romi.x

hawwa said...

Hi i love youe blog and im a new follower. i hope you like mine!

Nomes said...

i've forgotten all about the after january book! i definitely need to do a reread :)

i love this post. love how you are all about the Aussie guys ;)

x Nomes

also i DEFINITELY need to read a straight line to my heart... soon!

Handyman Clovis said...

Thanks for posting thhis