so i have to tell you 10 things you don't know about me. i haven't been tagged in months so I'm really excited!!!
1. i plan to buy a book on every continent. obviously not including Antarctica, anyone who knows me knows that i don't mix well with cold temperatures. for this reason and the fact that i don't think there is a book shop there, Antarctica has been replaced by England. it sounds simple enough, but I'm a perfectionist so i will have to buy the perfect book, with the perfect cover and will have to be hardback of course. :)
2. i have multiple different journal type books each for a slightly different thing.
i have one for creative writing, one for list writing, one that i still things i love in, one for recipes and one that i just journal in.
3. my ipod is loaded with music none of my friends really like, though s few do humour me. my brother is into Ska/party punk/punk music and mainly loads my ipod for me. i love it. to give you an idea as i walked home today i was listening to Beatles, NOFX, mxpx, Chris duke and the royals and the Decline (his band).
4. a church choir practices in my lounge room on Sunday mornings and my brother holds practice for his other band in his room on Sunday afternoons. we're quite a musical household. one of my favourite things is to be lying in my bed late a night while my brother plays his guitar and sings old songs like i will survive, here's to you Mrs Robinson and ones from grease.
5. my favourite definition of love is the one from Deadline by Chris Crutcher. as 14 yr ODs we often make fun of each other and make jokes about who likes who which annoys me no end. this definition helps me to understand that i can love all my friends without it being like that.
"we can say we love each other if my life is better because you're in it and your life is better because I'm in it. The intensity of the love is weighted by how much better."
6. i get really excited over strange things. i sort of have epiphanies when i realise something, some kind of deep thought and i just bubbling about it. just yesterday my baby cousin was born and realised how much of an identity he was from the second he was separated from his mother. how much there already was to know about him.
7. I'm kinda paranoid. not in a crazy, people are out to kill me way, but i always worry people are being nice to me because they're polite. i also worry that my friends are going to make new friends and forget about me.
8. i can clearly remember getting my library card and the first time i reserved a library book. i got my library card at 4 and i remember reserving the Tiger who came to Tea by Judith Kerr when i was 3 and getting terribly excited when my dad got the letter saying i could go get it.
9. i am the biggest harry potter nerd. honestly, i know almost everything about it. i have read all the books at least 3 times each.
10. when i was 4 I told my pediatrician that real girls don't look like barbies. he was trying to distract me as he took the cast of my broken arm so he asked if i had lots of barbies. mum says he was slightly shocked.